15 Hours Government Funding
All 3 & 4-year-old children are entitled to 15 hours per week of government funded childcare from the term after their 3rd birthday.
If your child turns 3 between:
- 1st April and 31st Aug you will receive the funding in September
- 1st September and 31st December you will receive the funding in January
- 1st January and 31st March you will receive the funding in April
The nursery has 3 intakes a year: September, January and after Easter, in-line with the above.
30 Hours Government Funding
If you are living and working in England, 3 and 4-year-olds may be entitled to 30 hours free early education per week. 30 hours free childcare will be only available from September 2017.
You’re usually eligible if all of the following apply:
- is under 12, or 17 if they’re registered as having a disability
- usually, lives with you
You (and your partner, if you have one):
- are 16 or over
- live or work in the UK
- are employed or self-employed
- are over 21 and earn on average at least £120 a week, unless in your first year of self-employment. Different rates apply if you’re under 21 or an apprentice
- earn less than £100,000 a year each
- don’t get other support with your childcare, including from a childcare voucher or salary sacrifice scheme
You may also be eligible if you have a partner and one of you gets any of the following benefits:
- Carers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Severe Disablement Benefit
The eligibility criteria are the same as the ones for Tax-Free Childcare, except you can continue to get these types of support at the same time as 30 hours free childcare:
- tax credits
- universal Credit
- childcare vouchers or salary sacrifice schemes
- childcare grants and bursaries
When you apply, you’ll be confirming that you need childcare so that you and your partner, if you have one, can work. If your child’s already in a full-time reception class in a state funded school, you won’t be eligible for 30 hours free childcare.
You can check your eligibility on the website below.
St Hugh of Lincoln Nursery School will be accepting the 30 hours funding from September 2017 for those who are eligible.
Please be aware it will be your responsibility to check whether you are entitled to the 30 hours.
Please note the nursery accepts 3 & 4-year-old funding (15 hours and 30 hours), Tax-Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers.